Mold is a fungus that grows in damp, musty locations such as attics, bathrooms and basements. It can grow on most organic materials, and propagates by sending spores out into the air.
These spores then attach to organic material in damp areas, grow, and breed.
There are many varieties of mold that can survive in different conditions, but most mold prefer relative humidity levels over 50% and temperatures between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (about 15.5 to 26.5 degrees Celsius).
If you have mold in your home, it’s a good indication of a moisture problem in your home. It’s also an early warning sign for a spreading mold problem that will continue until you do something to stop it. Mold is ugly and often lives alongside bacteria, rot, insects and rodents.
In many cases, mold can also present a hazard to your health. Mold spores released from mold travel throughout the entire home and have been proven to be an allergen and irritant.
If someone in the household suffers from allergies or asthma, these mold spores will cause them to have difficulty breathing. Eyes, ears, noses and throats may also become irritated.
Temperatures above 80 degrees and below 60 degrees are uncomfortable. It’s not likely that you’ll be able to fight mold with the temperature of your basement. What can you do? Eliminate mold at its source and keep it from coming back!
While mold prefers a relative humidity level above 50%, humans can be comfortable with the humidity as low as 20%. If you lower the humidity level in your home, you can stop mold, mildew and rot at its source by taking away the humidity it needs to survive.
The Santa Fe Basement Air System is the perfect solution! Working as both an Energy Star rated dehumidification system and a air filtration system capable of removing particles as small as two microns in size, it removes mold spores and dust mite droppings from the air, creating a second line of defense!
Fighting Mold and Bacteria in Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia for over a decade
A Superior way to Remove Mold and Mildew
The Basement Doctor Plus®’s patented and guaranteed waterproof coating process inhibits the ability of microorganisms to grow with a revolutionary, innovative antimicrobial coating. Committed to excellence in mold and mildew resistance, this product has been proven to stop mold and mildew on masonry and concrete.
The Basement Doctor Plus is a house-friendly product that is resilient enough for daily wear and tear. Its surface is washable, scrub-friendly and cleans easily with soap and water. The water-based, acrylic coating is low-odor and inoffensive. The Basement Doctor Plus resists peeling and blistering, and contains a quick-drying formula that will allow the application in your Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia basement to be finished in one day!
The Basement Doctor Plus’s EPA approved ingredients have been tested and proven to stop mold in your basement and prevent it from returning, increasing the quality of your basement environment and increasing the value of your home.
We know that you’ll love what The Basement Doctor Plus can do for your mold problem!